Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Love Like Rain

The sky was gray and rain was in the forecast. I had a feeling it might start sprinkling, but I didn't care. A few sprinkles wouldn't hurt. I was going for a run! As crazy as it sounds I've come to crave that time. It's basically a time during my day that I can get lost....

Lost -- as in no longer found (by a whining child); and
Lost -- as in rapt up (deeply engrossed or absorbed, transported with emotion, enraptured) in my Lord.

There's a great little jogging "track" right here in my neighborhood. Each time around is a mile, and I like the fact that I don't have to pay attention to where I'm going. Whether it's below freezing or 100 degrees and humid as all get-out, if you know me, you know I enjoy the beauty, smell, and feel of the outdoors.

I usually always listen to music while I run. Sometimes I listen to songs I've downloaded to my i-pod. Sometimes I practice songs I'm singin' on Sunday, and sometimes I listen to Pandora. This day I happened to be listening to Pandora when sweet, young Meredith Andrews (who I'd never heard before) started singing "
You're Not Alone" in MY ears.

That song was a gift to me. JUST to me in that moment....a gift from my Daddy in heaven.

Let it be a gift to you now. Click on this link and listen.

Go ahead.....I'm waiting.....

I never want to forget that day (one of many over these years since Jesus captured my heart and I gave him my life) where I FELT and SENSED his LOVE and presence as thick as peanut butter. You see, by the time I got to the part of the song where she's singin' these words....

You're
not alone
For I am here
let me wipe away your every tear
My love I've never left your side
I have seen you through the darkest nights
And I'm the one that's loved you all your life
All your life

Faithful and true... Forever
For my love will carry you....

You're not alone
for I... I am here
let me wipe away every fear... Oh yeah
My love I've never left your side
I have seen you through your darkest nights
Your darkest nights
And I'm the one that's loved you all your life
All of your life


....it was sprinkling alright, and the sprinkles had turned to a heavy downpour. Every D.R.O.P. of rain that fell from the sky was like a drop of love that HE was pouring into my heart through the Holy Spirit (see Romans 5:5). I thought my heart was going to burst!

My next door neighbor was pulling out of his driveway and asked me if I needed a ride...guess he didn't recognize the wet rat he was looking at. I know he probably thought I was crazy to WANT to be out there in that rain. I was close enough I could have easily gone inside my own home, but I was as happy as my baby is when she's playin' in the rain.


I don't know why it blows my mind when he does stuff like that for me....because, after all, he DOES love me! Jeremiah 31:3 says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love."

It's somewhat of a comfort to know that I'm not the only one amazed. In the Contemporary English Version Psalm 8:3-4 says, "I often think of the heavens your hands have made, and of the moon and stars you put in place. Then I ask, 'Why do you care about us humans? Why are you concerned for us weaklings?'"

So tell me about you, and let's encourage each other all the more as the Day is approaching (Hebrews 10:25). When was the last time it happened....the last time you felt LOVE LIKE RAIN fallin' down?

No comments:

Post a Comment