Thursday, June 11, 2009

From My Heart

For months (well, actually...all my life) the Lord has been planting seeds in my heart. HE has been faithful, and HE has been good to water them, fertilize them, take care of them. Not once did he ever turn his back on me...even when I turned my back on him for a season. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters no adulterers nor male prostitutes no homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you WERE. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Indeed, I have been washed, made clean and become a new creation. It's what the LORD has done in me. I can SO relate to what Paul penned in 1 Corinthians 15:9-10, "I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I ... (take your pick of sins). But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect." Oh, that I would choose to live every day of my life for him! And that leads me to my next point.


I have one purpose for blogging and that is to glorify God. HIS name and renown are the desires of my heart. The days and years ahead are sure to bring joys, sorrows, trials, temptations and failures. But one thing is CERTAIN. The VICTORY is won.

I want to be real (no point in pretending to be perfect -- cuz just like Natalie Grant sings in her new song -- "There's no such thing as perfect people. There's no such thing as a perfect life."). "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I invite you to be real with me in your comments so that we can encourage one another.

Thanks for reading and sharing in the journey.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you Lisa! Welcome to the blogging world! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Finally online! Love it and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa~
    This is a great post. I can *hear* you talking to me like we are sitting at a cafe or in each other's house. Keep singing His praise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post.... but next time i want to HEAR you singing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have yet another venue of keeping in touch with my most precious friend! God is so powerfully at work in your life--can't wait to see what He'll do next! Thinking about you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete